Click on one of the titles below to view the full article.Amoebic Meningitis
Backwashing Your Filter
Chemical Safety Tips
Green Pool Treatment
Maintaining Your Pump and Filter
Pool Tips And Tricks
Seasonal Care - Swimming Season
Seasonal Care - Autumn & Winter
Seasonal Care - Spring Clean
- Test the chlorine level daily - ESPECIALLY BEFORE A SWIM.
- DO NOT SWIM if there is insufficient free chlorine present. See Amoebic Meningitis Sheet.
- Test PH and Alkalinity weekly to avoid corrosion or scale.
- Test the stabiliser level every two weeks and add stabiliser as necessary.
- Test the salt level every two weeks and add as needed.
- The filtration should be running for 8 - 10 hours daily to keep pool water clean and healthy.
- The chlorinator should NOT be run at its maximum level to avoid damage to the power box and salt cell.
- Weekly brush and vacuum the pool to keep it clean and check skimmer box basket and pump basket for debris. Keep both baskets clean.
- Backwash and clean filter as required - see Maintaining Your Pump and Filter Sheet.
- Keep water level high enough to prevent the system running dry. Top up regularly to keep up with evaporation and water loss from splashing.